On Thursday, I went on a little tour with my daughter, visiting a few state parks and the rural neighborhood where I grew up. The house that my family lived in is on the market again. As a child, there was an attached 175 acres. Now, the house sits on a 0.92-acre plot. How sad.
Still, I tromped about at the creek and found that I’m still creeped out by the little building that sits near the bridge.
- Hawaiian Flowers — I’m a little taken with this crochet pattern. I have not tried it yet, but I would definitely like to in the future. So much good stuff to crochet, but only so much time… and moola to buy yarn.
- Ojo de dios — Translated as “God’s Eye”, I find this simple yet lovely wall hanging to be perfect. For my space, I can’t hang a lot on the walls or it looks cluttered, and not in the good cluttered way, but in the “Is your house on drugs or just white trash?” way. So, when I get a bit more renovation work done, I may revisit this idea and make one for myself. (Edited to add: I am taking an antler basket weaving class next month, and I just realized that this is probably the basic weave for that ribbed style. Win, win.)
- Lasagna Bolognese — I don’t know why I do this to myself… create these linkage posts when I’m hungry. So, I’m not talking about this recipe and how although I’m not a big lasagna fan, I’ve been thinking about this version for nearly a week.
- A Whiter Shade of Pale — I don’t have anything to say because this palette leaves me speechless.
- What Size Am I? — I haven’t tested out the interactive formula by shopping from any of the suggested stores (for my measurements), but this is still fun, regardless of whether it lends to my clothes shopping experience. (It probably won’t.) The calculator is HERE.